Men’s Libido Problems Common
Low libido in men affects one in three marriages and is one of the hardest things for men to talk about. Men find libido problems hard to acknowledge because:
- Men are assumed to always be “raring to go” sexually
- Lack of sexual interest creates relationship tensions & distrust
However a loss of libido is just as likely in men as in women – between a third to a half of all men – and low libido is the most common sexual health problem amongst Australian men and women, according to a national study.
Low libido is the second most common sexual dysfunction in men after premature ejaculation according to a recent issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association.
Men’s Low Libido Different from ED
A man’s loss of libido – not being interested in having sex – is different from impotence or erectile dysfunction – wanting sex but not being able to get an erection. Most men with low libido usually can get an erection. But the two conditions are related because men who experience ED will also develop low libido if the situation remains unchanged.
Sex therapists say it’s increasingly common for them to see couples where the man, rather than the woman, has low sexual desire.
Australian sex therapist Dr Rosie King says in any relationship there is always a one partner with lower libido and one with higher libido levels, and while it is usually assumed the woman will be the “low desire” partner this is not always the case.
Whichever partner is affected by libido issues, you can do something about it.
- Life style changes – reduce stress, get good sleep
- More care and attention to your relationship
- Possible health checks
- And the use of men’s herbal libido enhancers like Herbal Ignite
May all have a part in helping lift men’s libido and get your sex life back on track.
Men’s Low Libido Relationship Problems
Complaints about low sex drive are the most common problem sex therapists are asked to deal with.
- One in five married couples has a non-sexual marriage(being sexual less than ten times a year).
- Three in ten non-married-couples who have beentogether longer than two years have a non-sexual relationship.
If a man experiences low libido it is hard for his partner to not take it personally. She feels he doesn’t fancy her and may suspect he is having an affair, a situation that leads to distrust and tension.
What Causes Men’s Low Libido?
The causes of low libido in men are physical and psychological.
Physical Causes of Men’s Low Libido
- Alcoholism or drug abuse (most common)
- Diabetes or other “major” disease
- Obesity – common
- Low testosterone levels
- Prescribed drugs – especially antidepressants, & prostate med Proscar
- Thyroid disease & tumours of the pituitary gland
Psychological Causes of Men’s Low Libido
- Depression – most common
- Overwork & stress
- Performance anxiety
- Serious relationship problems
- Conflicts over sexual identity
What Can You Do About Low Libido in Men
Check hormone levels
- Men should have testosterone, DHEA and other androgen levels checked whenever there is any noticeable reduction in sex drive.
Have a health examination
- Men’s low libido may be the result of a thyroid condition, diabetes, hypertension, high blood pressure or other major illness. Some antidepressants, tranquilizers and anti-hypertensive drugs as well as illegal drugs like marijuana and cocaine can reduce sex drive.
Get testosterone supplementation
- Lifting testosterone levels can make a big difference in restoring men’s libido. Testosterone is available in pill or patch form, or you can take a herbal formula to support normal testosterone levels like proprietary supplement Herbal Ignite, containing Tribulus Terrestris.
Make Lifestyle Changes
- Lose weight – low libido common in men who are overweight
- Exercise – 30 minutes a day will go a long way to restoring your sex drive
- Control stress
Order Herbal Ignite for Men’s Libido
- Herbal Ignite is a herbal sex pill which has been on the market for 14 years and has helped thousands of men increase libido and last longer in bed
- Contains tribulus (lifts testosterone)
- Horny goat weed (increases desire and sexual performance)
- Avena sativa (reduces stress and increases desire)