How to Have a Healthy Sex Life
Just in case you missed it, science has discovered a whole host of reasons why maintaining an active, healthy sex life is good for your health in general. And if you feel the mind is willing but the flesh weak, don’t despair! You’re certainly not alone there. The good news is though, an active healthy sex life is within your reach, no matter what your age.
Here we present the latest information on why a healthy sex life is so beneficial, and a few tips on how to go about having one.
Healthy Sex Means Longer Life
Research from the Italian Society of Sexual Medicine found sexually active couples tended to have longer, healthier lives. Men in particular were found to have significantly better cardiovascular health if they maintained active healthy sex lives. Says Dr Emmanuele Jannini:
“…evident from the research was that men who had active sex lives… had fewer cardiovascular complaints and lived longer… increased sexual activity produces more testosterone, which leads to less depression and better cardiovascular performance which means an improved metabolism.”
The study results also suggested regular healthy sex and the associated surge in testosterone could help reduce the risks of prostate problems, osteoporosis and even diabetes.
Aussie research too shows that older Australians highly value sex as an important part of later life, though many lack understanding of how to maintain a healthy sex life.
Healthy Sex Tips
Much general advice for healthy sex is pretty much common knowledge, or else fairly obvious, but there’s still a few a hints and tips you might not be aware of! Here’s some that may come in handy:
1. Kill the Air-Con. Heat causes blood vessels to dilate, increases bloodflow to the penis and vagina. So either the air con off or at least turn it down low.
2. Morning Sex is Best. Morning sex has been shown to improve orgasm, increase relationship, bonding, boost immune system function and even make you look better. What more reason do you need?
3. Sensual Massage. Most of us by now understand the value and importance of foreplay. A good massage however can function as a kind of fore-foreplay, essentially building a sense of intimacy, anticipation, and improving sexual response. Hot tip: keep the massage as non-sexual as possible, at least initially. Jump the gun too fast you’ll spoil all your efforts.
4. Love is Blind. For some perhaps it may sound a little too Sixty Shades of Grey, but there are definite bonuses to come from the use of a blindfold. Again there’s an element of excited anticipation, but the main advantage of a blindfold is that the removal of one sense heightens perception of others, particularly touch. Need we say more!
5. Instruct one another. It’s easy over time to become over-confident or even complacent, assuming you know exactly what your partner likes. You may be surprised at how far you have got stuck into a ‘this is how it’s done’ rut. Start it all over, take it in turns to take session where one partner is the ‘teacher’ and the other the ‘student’. You’ll be surprised at how good the sex can be.
6. Unleash the Power of Herbs. There are plenty of herbs out there that not only have been used as aphrodisiacs in traditional medicine for centuries, but are also considered adaptogens, natural substances that improve your resistance to tiredness, stress, illness, anxiety and depression. These included horny goat weed, maca, avena sativa, ginseng and tribulus terrestris. A good diet can also make a big difference to keeping a health sex life too.
Relationships and a Healthy Sex Life
It’s possible to be physically healthy and possess a strong sex drive, yet still experience troubles having regular healthy sex. In most cases this is where relationship factors are critical. Sex is more than just a physical connection; it’s also an emotional and relational one. A few basic ways to improve your sexual relationship are:
1. Good Communication Skills. This is probably the most obvious and often mentioned element, but it certainly bears repeating. The importance and value of regular and open communication cannot be overemphasised.
2. A Caring and Empathetic Nature. Without this relationship basic, trust, relationship warmth and intimacy are all difficult things to maintain.
3. Quality Time Together. If you’re stuck for ideas, why not each separately make a list of the top twenty things you’d like to do together, and then share the results. You may be surprised by the overlap!
4. Attitude that Inspires Confidence. Few things are as sexy as a good sense of confidence. Just so long as it doesn’t slide over into the realms of unfound arrogance…
5. Consider Counselling. If you’ve tried everything else and nothing seems to be working, don’t hesitate to consider professional counselling services. Don’t worry—they’ll have seen thousands of couples just like you, and will be able to offer invaluable advice and support for getting your relationships on track. A good list of recommended Aussie counsellors and sexual health therapists is available here.
Healthy Sex Life for Seniors
As the Wall Street Journal reports, more sex means longer lives for men, and women live longer when they are sexually satisfied.
Sounds like a pretty good deal to us! Just because you’re getting older, doesn’t mean a healthy sex life has to be a thing of the past. In fact science now confirms that you can enjoy sex as long as you wish regardless of gender.
Of course, sex in your seventies or eighties may not be quite the same as sex when you were in your twenties—but in many ways it can be even better. Chances are good you’re a lot wiser, and understand better what works for you (and your partner!) sexually. Studies show both self-confidence and self-awareness are usually at a lifelong peak, and odds are good you won’t feel as bound by the unrealistic ideals of youth and other people’s biases and prejudices. Better yet, with children grown up and moved out and work demands low, you have more time than ever to relax and enjoy one another free from distractions.
Good sex in senior years comes with a host of positive health benefits. It improves both physical and mental health, adds years to your life as mentioned above, and helps solidify relationships and intimacy. The boon of all these factors to quality of life is immense. So to summarise, lifelong healthy sex is not only possible it’s highly recommended!
Healthy Sex Life and Herbal Ignite
Interested in regular healthy sex? Looking for safe, natural ways to improve not only erectile dysfunction, but wider sexual health too? Why not try all-natural Herbal Ignite. Its powerful herbal formula, containing tribulus terrestris, avena sativa and horny goat weed has restored healthy sex lives to thousands of men and women in Australia and New Zealand over the years.
The answer to restoring a natural, regular healthy sex life has never been simpler. Discover the Ignite difference for yourself today!