Avanafil-Erectile dysfunction drugs
New ED Drug Avanafil
Avanafil, marketed as Stendra, was approved by the US FDA on April 27th 2012. And although there is no official release date for the Australian market, historically it hasn’t lagged too far behind FDA approval.
Dr. Bruce Kava, Associate Urology Professor at the Miami University School of Medicine, has said that for most men the main advantage of Stendra would be its more rapid onset of action. Research suggests Avanafil gives erections in 15 -30mins.
The approval of Avanafil gives men more erectile dysfunction drug options, increasing the chances of finding a treatment that is appropriate for their needs.
Use of Avanafil
Avanafil is a treatment for erectile dysfunction: defined as not being able to maintain an erection of enough strength for enough time to satisfactorily complete sex.
Like most major oral ED treatments, Avanafil belongs to a class of ED drugs called PDE-5 inhibitors, which work by increasing blood flow to the penis.
And like all the other well-known erectile dysfunction drugs, Avanafil is not a libido booster, so it won’t help if you have low sex drive and don’t feel any interest in having sex.
It’s unsuitable for women and children less than 18 years of age, and is a prescription only medication.
Stendra can be taken with or without food, but you should avoid excessive amounts of alchohol when taking it.
How Avanafil Works
Unlike most oral erection drugs, Avanafil can kick in as quickly as fifteen
minutes for some men, though some report the onset was closer to thirty
minutes. The FDA recommends taking Avanafil half an hour before sex to
The duration of Avanafil’s effect is similar to other oral ED drugs, about 4-5
Avanafil’s standard dosage is 100mg, but sometimes 50mg or 200mg
may be prescribed too. Your doctor will give individual dosage advice. It’s
important you don’t exceed daily dosage recommendations, and never take
more than one per 24 hour period.
Headaches, indigestion, facial flushing, sore throat,
nasal congestion and back pain can be commonly
experienced whilst taking this erectile dysfunction drug.
Avanafil’s more rare side effects however can include
dizziness, hypotension, priapism (painful erection lasting more than four
hours), blue-vision, hearing loss, and even blindness. If any of the above is
experienced, stop taking immediately stop taking and seek medical
Avanafil – Who Can’t Take It
Avanfil is contra-indicated if you are:
1. Taking Nitrates for chest pain, angina, or any heart condition
2. Taking Amyl Nitrate
3. Allergic to Avanafil or any of its ingredients
4. Have suffered heart attack or stroke in the last six months
5. Affected by hypo- or hyper-tension
6. Do not combine with anything containing Yohimbe
Cautions for Avanfil Users
Avanafil should not be used if you are already taking certain other drugs. Tell your doctor if you are affected by any of the following:
- Currently taking any other erectile dysfunction treatments
- Any heart or blood vessel problems, such as angina, arrhythmias, heart attacks
- Any vision or hearing problems
- Hypotension or hypertension
- Kidney and liver problems
- Currently taking Alpha-Blockers
- Are currently taking any hypertension medications
- Sickle-Cell Anemia, Multiple Myeloma or Leukaemia
- If you suffer loss of vision due to Non-Arteric Anterior Ischaemic Optic Neuropathy(NAION)
- Have any penile disease or deformity
- Have or have had stomach ulcers
- Any bleeding problems
Avanfil and Drug Interactions
The following medications may interact with Avanafil, potentially rendering either ineffective:
1. Antibiotics such as Telithromycin, Erythromycin and Clarithromycin
2. Protease-Inhibitors such as Ritonavir, Indinavir, Atazanavir and Saquinavir
3. Oral anti-fungal medicines like Ketoconazole and Itraconazole
5. Other PDE-5 inhibitors
7. High levels of alcohol consumption may cause headache, dizziness or hypotension
Herbal Ignite ED Option
Herbal Ignite is a successful herbal erectile dysfunction treatment that has been sold in Australia and New Zealand for more than a decade. It contains horny goat weed, an herb which contains natural sources of PDE 5 inhibitors similar to those found in ED drugs, in less concentrated quantities. Thousands of men who are unable to take ED drugs like Avanfil have found Herbal Ignite has helped not just with their erection problems, but with overall energy and sense of well-being. Why not try some today?